This amazing deal just came into our inbox from Icelandair and it couldn’t have come at a better time. Iceland just topped Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2012 list as the best country to visit so, to celebrate, Icelandair has launched a 96-hour sale on the new Northern Lights and Golden Circle Tour package from New York City.
Now just $767 per person including all taxes, this deal is available for long-weekend escapes in early 2012.
It costs much less than similar land-only packages, essentially making the airfare free and the whole package 50% off.
This is a prime time to visit Iceland, as NASA scientists believe that the Northern Lights will shine its brightest in more than 50 years in 2012.
The deal includes:
- Roundtrip airfare to Reykjavik from New York City
- Three nights at the 4-star Hotel Reykjavik Natura
- Evening tour to view Northern Lights (Note: The Northern Lights is a natural phenomenon, and sightings are not
- Guided tour of the Golden Circle region
- Dinner at the Lindin Restaurant (famous for using locally grown, organic Icelandic ingredients)
- Admission to Laugarvatn Fontana Steambaths
- Weekend departures on Jan. 13, 19-21, 26-28; Feb. 2-4, 9-11, 18, 23; March 1-3, 8-10, 15-17, 22-24
After enjoying the jewels of Icelandic nature, you’ll experience Iceland’s geothermal power with a visit to Laugarvatn Fontana spa with its natural steam baths and open air hot pools. Relaxing at this fountain of wellness will surely stir up an appetite. Nourish your body with a dinner at the local restaurant Lindin, known for its award-winning, delicious chocolate mousse. The chef is a member of the Icelandic National Culinary Team.
For full details and to book, click the link below. Book by Friday, Nov. 4. This package is also available in November and December for slightly more.
How to book this Icelandair and Visit Iceland deal: Click the blue Book Now button, then select four nights (the first night is the overnight flight) and two travelers for the Golden Circle & Northern Lights package.