We usually leave the last minute or cheap flights to the plethora of economy travel sites, but this one is for those in the know so we felt compelled to share the wealth. As a matter of fact, it’s so hot they’re running it for the next 48 hours only!
Seats on Qantas’ new flagship, the Airbus A380, went on sale today, ahead of the airline’s first A380 flight between Los Angeles and Melbourne on October 20, 2008. From Los Angeles to Sydney and Melbourne, 380 Economy seats on the new A380 aircraft are on sale for just $380 round-trip . Yes, that’s cheaper than going to New York!
This is a 48-hour fare sale for purchase and ticketing on June 16-17, 2008 (or until sold out). Tickets are valid for travel departing November 2 to December 8, 2008 on A380 flights only. Fares are valid to Sydney on QF 12 and returning on QF 11 (Wednesday, Friday, Sunday), and to Melbourne on QF 94 (Monday and Wednesday), returning on QF 93. Other restrictions apply.
The Qantas A380 will be configured with 450 seats – 14 individual First Suites, 72 in Business, 32 in Premium Economy cabin and 332 in Economy.
Qantas A380 features will include:
– completely redesigned First cabin, offering customers privacy and luxury in their own First Suite
– a fully-flat next generation Skybed and separate, dedicated lounge area in Business
– the airline’s Premium Economy cabin with extra wide Recaro seats
– new ergonomically designed Recaro seats and self-service refreshment bars in Economy
– on demand entertainment system with over 1000 entertainment options and onboard connectivity.
For reservations or information