Feeling Carefree? It’s in the stars. As we amp up for our next spa wellness retreat, we caught wind of an all new four-day/three-night ‘Carefree Spa Getaway’ package at The Boulders’ Golden Door Spa in Carefree, Arizona and knew we’d have to throw caution to that wind and give ourselves a little ‘us’ time. Enveloping guests in a holistic experience that claims to be ‘nothing less than life changing,’ the package includes astrology, hikes, rock climbing clinics, cooking classes, spa treatments AND meditation, all designed to tune the body, inspire the spirit, and open up that precious mind. Phew. We could use somma that. It also draws emphasis on the power of the universe — something we’re always down to delve into. Available only once a month, during, you guessed it… the Full Moon.
The 2008 dates are:
The Carefree Spa Getaway package includes:
• Daily morning group hike in the foothills of the Sonoran Desert
• Unlimited fitness classes and a Professional Fitness Assessment
• Three 50-minute spa services (choice of massage, wrap, facial, scrub
• Daily meals (breakfast, lunch, Golden Door Spa Tea and dinner)
• Daily lectures on nutrition, health, fitness, wellness and astrology
• Interactive Cooking Demonstration
• Group activities such as Labyrinth Walks, Yoga/Meditation in the Organic Garden, and Boulder Rock Climb
• Welcome gift and nightly turndown gifts that include a “Carefree Companion” with a personalized daily agenda, pedometer & walking program encouraging 10,000 steps a day, a fitness class schedule, and recommended reading guide.
Gastrological Dinners (a combination of gastronomy & astrology), are also planned during the Fall & Spring Equinox and Summer/Winter Solstice. An evening of celestial wonder in the resort’s Organic Garden, guests get to experience a gourmet dinner under the night sky with renowned astrologer, Tom McMullen, who explains the symbolic language of Astrology, the movement of the constellations, and how the planets influence our lives.
We love this exclusive desert hideaway and The Golden Door Spa at The Boulders for many reasons. The main one being that Arizona is a land filled with a spirited past. Not to mention the fact that the spa drew it’s inspiration from the ancient Honjin inns of Japan where weary travelers sought sanctuary. Incorporating elements of feng shui and the Zen-like ambiance of the original Golden Door while staying true to the Native American influences of The Boulders, it has a labyrinth, a Tipi for guided meditation, an affirmation rock for individual guest reflection, fitness center, mind, body and movement studios, a café and sweeping views of the 12-million-year-old boulder piles, along with Black Mountain.
160 guest casitas, 55 one-three bedroom villas, 7 restaurants and a lounge, 2 championship Jay Morrish-designed golf courses, and 8 tennis courts (including three classic clay and five premier cushion courts).
Only 12 guests will be accepted each month.
So really, if you’re not going to listen to us, listen to Uranus.
(Sorry, we couldn’t resist)
Rates start at $1,399 per person or $1,199 double occupancy.