Oh Malibu… you sure do conjure up images of Pamela Anderson in her red hot one piece and Cindy Crawford building castles in the sand with her gorgeous kiddies and hunky husband, Rande, don’t you?
How dare you? Well, if you want to roll with the taut and tanned, it’s time to tone up, slim down and learn the secrets of longevity with the one and only Ms. Fitness Greta Blackburn (check out those guns <–).
Along with leading scientists, physicians and fitness pros from around the globe, Blackburn, founding editor of Ms. Fitness Magazine and originator of the “boot camp” concept, will join forces for FITCAMP Malibu—a health and fitness experience from Nov. 17-21, 2010, at the Steven Breuer Conference Center in Malibu, California.
FITCAMP Malibu will build on the momentum of FITCAMP Cancun, held in April 2010, and will feature physical and mental challenges, which include the powerhouse Sprint 8 20-minute anti-aging exercise protocol featured in Blackburn’s upcoming book “The Immortality Edge” co-authored by Michael Fossel, MD, PhD and David Woynarowski, MD.
FITCAMP Malibu workouts will include:
• Yoga for Stiffies: Hard-core practice designed to increase flexibility for new, intermediate and seasoned mat practitioners;
• Pilates: Pioneer Mari Windsor will showcase her at-home system to help FitCampers develop a strong, sleek, toned body;
• A mix of Hell Hikes, Power Walks, and Mixed Martial Arts-style workouts;
• Ropes Course that will challenge entrenched fears, help with goal-setting and foster team-building; and
• FITCAMP favorites: Butt ‘N Guts and indoor cycling with RealRyder bikes.
Physical offerings will complement FITCAMP Malibu’s “Nuke Aging” program, featuring seminars led by noted health experts recognized for their contributions to the field of anti-aging medicine. Presenters include Michael Fossel, MD, PhD, and author of Reversing Human Aging and The Immortality Edge; and David Kekich, founder and president of The Maximum Life Foundation. David will outline his 7-step Life Extension Express program and give an insider’s overview of the conclusions from last fall’s Manhattan Beach Project. Top Masters Athletic Performance Coach, Phil Campbell, of Ready Set Go Synergy Fitness; Fulcrum Adventures, which provides Transformational Learning Experiences; Mari Winsor, Pilates pioneer; Robert Martin of www.lookgreatnakedatanyage.com; and Taryn Bagrosky, Ms. Fitness USA, will also appear.
Together with Blackburn, this group of medical and fitness visionaries will declassify the secrets behind the science to help FitCampers change their physiology at a cellular level.
FITCAMP Malibu seminars will include:
• Teleomere Basics and Beyond with Michael Fossel, MD, PhD;
• Think and Grow Young with Dr. Kat Cotter, a certified clinical hypnotherapist; Look Great Naked at Any Age with Robert Martin;
• Supplements That Work and Advanced Hormone Replacement Therapies, led by Dr. Kent Holtorf, Founder of The Holtorf Medical Group and a leading expert in the field of Endocrinology;
• Life Extension Express with David Kekich;
• The Genius Diet, a nutritional GPS to living a healthy 150 and beyond;
• DETOX/Cleanse; an A to Z look at a process designed to fine-tune your metabolism; and
• Meditation Secrets for the Hyper-Active Mind.
Rates for FITCAMP Malibu start at $1595 and include food, accommodations, classes, and camp-sanctioned events; previous FitCampers will receive a $100 rebate.
Airfare, airport transfers and extra nights at the resort excluded. Registration fees are non-refundable.
So what are you waiting for? Pamela to swim out and save the beached whale?