We really want to share some of our travel learnings with you this week. Why? Because, after our amazing trip to St. Barths during their low season, we realized the savings you can find when you just go when most of the tourists have fled. And, the best part, aside from the savings, is that you have more of the beaches to yourself!
To that end, Zicasso’s got new and completely customizable 13-day vacation to the the Greek Islands, visiting Santorini, Crete, Rhodes, and Athens this September & October 2012.
This trip starts at just $1,665* per person, offering exceptional value as well as numerous custom options for unique experiences. Though many consider September and October a harbinger of autumn, Greece’s 80 degree temperatures extend way into October, continuing to provide the ultimate weather for swimming, sunbathing, and sailing in the Mediterranean. Greece is calm and beautiful, without the strikes of prior years or the normal crowds so we say, take advantage of an opportunity and extend your summer at off-season value.
Sample of unique experiences to add on:
· Discover Crete on horseback, galloping along the countryside and coast of the Cretan Sea. (Rides are tailored to individual experience level);
· Learn traditional Cretan cooking at boutique hotel Avli, known for its outstanding restaurant;
· Sail on a catamaran boat to visit Santorini’s active volcano, followed by swimming in the hot springs and watching the sunset from the boat;
· Take a cooking course at an award-winning Santorini restaurant and learn about the unique local products of the island.
· Visit any of Santorini’s 12 local volcanic wineries and taste Vinsanto, their famous dessert wine.
So, if you’re like me and often feel like flyin’ by the seat of your pants, but want something sexy and chic, here are your last minute deals to Greece!