These sunglasses can pull a small aircraft!
Yes, it’s true. We recently came across this interesting line a few weeks ago and had to check it out. After all, durability is of the utmost importance when it comes to travel gear. OVVO Optics designs exceptionally durable frames for any type of excursion a travel warrior may stumble upon.
Why we like them:
- OVVO is a small and lovely family company
- They use spacecraft technology to design frames composed of fused surgical steel and titanium, producing virtually indestructible eyewear
- Stretched flat, OVVO frames can lift 90 lbs or pull a small aircraft
- OVVO Optics’ screw-free hinge frames can withstand more than 300,000 rotations and reveal no changes in structure or appearance
- OVVO eyewear is handmade in Europe (Germany and Poland)
- As many as 65-85 steps are needed to complete an OVVO frame
Quality like this is particularly hard to find in a day and age when people are outsourcing to China and we like the fact that everything is manufactured in Europe through family owned factories.