In the search for comfortable well made masks with filters, I came across HALOmasks. They feature proprietary SETA Nanofilter technology, proven to capture 98.8% of virtually all airborne pathogens and contaminants, including coronavirus.
Since I’m always on the hunt for lightweight, but effective, it’s 95% bamboo and 5% spandex for shape retention and stretch. The other nice part? HALOLIFE gives back to its community. For every purchase made, the company donates a mask to someone in need.
The mask, usually $34.95, is currently on sale for $29.95, as well. Reusable, washable, comfortable, filter-ready, and giving to the community… I call that a win win.
With the lowest villa density in the Maldives, Emerald Maldives Resort and Spa is one of the most private islands in the archipelago. You know what that means? Less people, less chances of catching Covid!
Prioritizing safety and seamlessness, Emerald has launched a series of new private experiences, each included in the Deluxe All-Inclusive offering – from private Teppanyaki classes to luxury boat trips.
One of the archipelago’s most exclusive all-inclusive, The Emerald Maldives Resort and Spa has launched a selection of new, private experiences for couples, families and small groups of friends looking to re-connect after a year apart. Here, privacy doesn’t have to cost the earth – each experience is included as part of the island’s Deluxe All-Inclusive offering – from private boat and snorkelling adventures, to cooking classes and private dining on the beach.
The island, which spans just 250 acres, possesses the lowest villa density in the Maldives, offering guests a completely private and undisturbed experience. Head out onto the tranquil Indian Ocean on a luxury boat and prowl the pristine lagoon in search of tropical fish and manta rays, rubbing shoulders with the resident marine life and exploring the colourful coral on snorkelling trips. Adventurous travellers (like me, of course) can head out into the deeper ocean on a diving excursion, or try their hand at wind surfing, kayaking or jet skiing.
Back on dry land, I plan to start my day with a floating breakfast in my private pool, or enjoying an exclusive private dining experience on the beach (inspiring photo above). For a hands-on foodie experience for someone like my amateur chef hubs, they have private Teppanyaki cooking classes with one of Emerald’s expert chefs at Le Asiatique Restaurant; learn to prepare fresh-from-the-ocean seafood and island ingredients with true Teppanyaki flair. While children are under the watchful eye of Dolphin Kids’ Club, I’ll finally be able to relax with a private yoga session or toast to my island escape experience with a creative cocktail in the Sunset Pool Café with views over the azure ocean. Now who’s paying?
20% off best available rate for a minimum of 7 night’s stay for a maximum of two adults and two children, applicable for all bookings received before February 28th 2021. Offer includes deluxe all-inclusive package, complimentary 60 minutes massage for two adults OR 1x cooking class for the whole family and 1 x in-room family breakfast.
Rates start from £700 (approx. $955) per night on a deluxe-all-inclusive basis
Alaska is open, y’all, and it’s ideal for families and friends who dream of exploring America’s greatest wildernesses free of crowds and against a pristine white canvas. Imagine skiing through forests, wildlife spotting, flightseeing above multicolored geysers and glaciers cresting on the snow, and a vastness only available in the quiet of winter. Abercrombie & Kent’s U.S. Luxury Tailor Made itineraries, which can be customized to your private party’s interests, feature handpicked local guides, fun activities that naturally lend themselves to social distancing, and luxurious accommodations. You can even book with confidence knowing you can reschedule your journey due to COVID-19, and that they have enhanced protocols in place to safeguard your health while travelling. This is numero uno in my book since I’ve been sheltering in place for almost a year and need to know things are on the up and up.
Our recent travel dream favorite is their Call of the Iditarod series because I’ve always been obsessed with riding a husky driven sled through the snow like a Russian Bond Girl.
Well, we can celebrate Alaska’s famed Iditarod dogsled race, watching the participants prepare and depart from Anchorage on their 1,000-mile trek, witnessing their arrival at an important checkpoint near your remote wilderness lodge. You can dogsled yourself along the rugged Iditarod trail on this independent journey filled with the splendors of Alaskan wilderness.
Join Anchorage’s Fur Rendezvous festival, giving the Iditarod teams a ceremonial send-off
Take in the buzz of Iditarod mushers and their teams arrive at a remote checkpoint
Choose from an array of outdoor activities, including the option to drive your own dogsled team
Discover the history of Alaska’s indigenous culture and art in Anchorage
Itinerary at a Glance
ARRIVE ANCHORAGE, ALASKA
ANCHORAGE | CELEBRATING THE IDITAROD
WINTERLAKE LODGE | SCENIC WILDERNESS FLIGHT
WINTERLAKE LODGE | IDITAROD MUSHERS’ ARRIVE
WINTERLAKE LODGE | DOGSLEDDING & THE GREAT OUTDOORS
ANCHORAGE | EXPERIENCING INDIGENOUS CULTURE
INCLUDED WITH EVERY LUXURY TAILOR MADE JOURNEY
One-of-a-kind Itinerary Designed for You
Driver-guide and vehicle
Exclusive Insider-Access Opportunities and Inspiring Sightseeing
With temperatures already dipping below freezing in parts of the United States, it seems like an appropriate time to address the “winter blues” and how a safe vacation can often be the cure. Everyone has a different goal when it comes to a winter getaway – some want to embrace a snowy environment, while others prefer to follow the sun. For those who, like me, aren’t ready to fly until the vaccine is widely available, here are some top winter vacation ideas for destinations across the country.
1. Desert Cycling Getaway: Escape Adventures offers a five-day winter cycling retreat in America’s Southwestern prize – Tucson, Arizona. Rated as the country’s second most bike-friendly city, this velo dreamscape offers an ideal escape with seemingly endless backroads through vast expanses of desert and world-class ascents like Mount Lemmon. https://escapeadventures.com/tour/arizona-tucson-and-the-sonoran-desert-road-bike-tour
2. Wintertime Cowboy Retreat: Venture to Wyoming’s Bighorn Mountains for a retreat at Red Reflet Ranch that combines limitless outdoor recreation and gourmet food with remote winter splendor. Step outside your luxurious accommodations to explore 30,000 stunning acres of wilderness by snowshoe, snowmobile or horseback. The local ski hill is only 45 minutes away and offers great skiing and snowboarding. https://red-reflet-ranch.net
3. Ski Big Sky Country: On the edge of Yellowstone National Park in Big Sky, Montana, find one of the largest ski resorts in North America. With 5,850 acres of terrain descending from the 11,666-foot summit of Lone Peak, Big Sky Resort offers plenty of space to spread out. A stay at The Wilson Hotel in Town Center provides ample accommodations and easy access to the slopes, as well as to ice skating, Nordic skiing, snowshoeing, dogsledding and Yellowstone tours. https://thewilsonhotel.com
4. Explore National Parks by RV: Each summer, millions travel to visit our national parks. Yet these warm-season sightseers are missing what might be the parks’ best-kept secret – winter. Once-crowded trails turn into tranquil getaways. Quiet winter wonderlands showcase nature’s calm beauty. Blacksford is a new RV rental business offering an all-inclusive pricing model that includes unlimited miles, 24-hour roadside assistance and a free annual pass to national parks. https://www.blacksford.com
5. Tiny House Ski Retreat: Just minutes from Jackson Hole, Fireside Resort capitalizes on the tiny house craze and the classic appeal of rustic cottages by offering 25 pint-size, luxuriously outfitted tiny house rental units designed by Wheelhaus. Each has its own outdoor fire pit and deck. And the resort is located just a stone’s throw from Jackson Hole’s ski slopes. https://www.firesidejacksonhole.com
6. Cycling the Sunshine State: Leave the winter riding gear at home and follow Adventure Cycling Association’s Florida Connector route for a loop around the Sunshine State by bike. Pedal south from St. Augustine past orange groves and sinkholes, skirt Orlando and arrive at the Gulf of Mexico at Fort Myers Beach. Turning east, watch for alligators on the way to Lake Okeechobee, then join the Atlantic Coast route in Fort Lauderdale and return north to the start. https://www.adventurecycling.org/routes-and-maps/adventure-cycling-route-network/florida-connector/
7. Cross-Country Ski Getaway: Ranked #1 Cross-Country Ski Resort in North America by USA Today, Devil’s Thumb Ranch offers 120 kilometers of classic and skate-ready cross-country ski trails. Only 75 miles west of Denver and 15 minutes from Winter Park, Devil’s Thumb recently unveiled a private enclave of 24 custom homesites for those who want to live on the award-winning guest ranch full-time. https://www.devilsthumbranch.com/ranches