Alaska is open, y’all, and it’s ideal for families and friends who dream of exploring America’s greatest wildernesses free of crowds and against a pristine white canvas. Imagine skiing through forests, wildlife spotting, flightseeing above multicolored geysers and glaciers cresting on the snow, and a vastness only available in the quiet of winter. Abercrombie & Kent’s U.S. Luxury Tailor Made itineraries, which can be customized to your private party’s interests, feature handpicked local guides, fun activities that naturally lend themselves to social distancing, and luxurious accommodations. You can even book with confidence knowing you can reschedule your journey due to COVID-19, and that they have enhanced protocols in place to safeguard your health while travelling. This is numero uno in my book since I’ve been sheltering in place for almost a year and need to know things are on the up and up.
Our recent travel dream favorite is their Call of the Iditarod series because I’ve always been obsessed with riding a husky driven sled through the snow like a Russian Bond Girl.
Well, we can celebrate Alaska’s famed Iditarod dogsled race, watching the participants prepare and depart from Anchorage on their 1,000-mile trek, witnessing their arrival at an important checkpoint near your remote wilderness lodge. You can dogsled yourself along the rugged Iditarod trail on this independent journey filled with the splendors of Alaskan wilderness.
- Join Anchorage’s Fur Rendezvous festival, giving the Iditarod teams a ceremonial send-off
- Take in the buzz of Iditarod mushers and their teams arrive at a remote checkpoint
- Choose from an array of outdoor activities, including the option to drive your own dogsled team
- Discover the history of Alaska’s indigenous culture and art in Anchorage
Itinerary at a Glance
ARRIVE ANCHORAGE, ALASKA
ANCHORAGE | CELEBRATING THE IDITAROD
WINTERLAKE LODGE | SCENIC WILDERNESS FLIGHT
WINTERLAKE LODGE | IDITAROD MUSHERS’ ARRIVE
WINTERLAKE LODGE | DOGSLEDDING & THE GREAT OUTDOORS
ANCHORAGE | EXPERIENCING INDIGENOUS CULTURE
INCLUDED WITH EVERY LUXURY TAILOR MADE JOURNEY
- One-of-a-kind Itinerary Designed for You
- Driver-guide and vehicle
- Hand-Selected Accommodations
- Exclusive Insider-Access Opportunities and Inspiring Sightseeing
- English-Speaking Local Guides
- Airport Meet and Greet with Private Transfers
- Full Breakfast Daily
- Entrance Fees and Taxes
- 24/7 A&K On-Call Support
Want more info? I don’t blame you.
Check this link and get on it: https://www.abercrombiekent.com/tours/luxury-tailor-made-travel/2021/alaska-call-of-the-iditarod