This company is one of my favorites for their spicy and fresh scents. Perfect to get you in that escapist travel mind mood or for travel itself, due to their convenient sizes. Now available on Amazon.com, the sampler set from GuruNanda’s Top 6 Essential Oil blends are a good start (and their perfume oils are delicious too). This deluxe, giftable little set allows you to discover the different therapeutic benefits of each blend and find your favorites among them. Each of the six blends are made from 100% pure and natural therapeutic grade oils sourced from the world’s top growers, across 6 continents. The set contains 10ml. bottles with the delicate botanical essences inside. So have it, open a window to listen to the wind in the trees, and get that atomizer going.
I’ve been meaning to write about this simple, yet amazing towel for drying hair that is my latest obsession. Say hello to…
AQUIS Lisse Luxe Hair Turban ($30) and the AQUIS Waffle Luxe Hair Turban (Price ($40) which are made with an innovative fabric woven from ultra-fine fibers called AQUITEX. Why is this important? Frizz, my friends. It helps to eliminate what drying your hair with a regular terry cloth towel produces. The lightweight material has superior water-wicking capabilities that is gentle on your hair. The Lisse is designed for delicate hair, while the Waffle is designed for thicker hair. Either one you choose, these turbans quickly and gently dry to a damp stage, with less friction, minimizing damage. I have curly hair so I love the fact that I can run my fingers through my hair to ‘comb’ it while in the shower, apply product and wrap. My hair has definitely been less frizzy and it’s so much easier than trying to tie a towel on my head.
For wavy beach hair without having to go to the beach, you can buy yours here:
Thanks to friends in the beauty business, I’m grateful that I often hear the freshest skinny on the latest and greatest beauty finds, particularly when it comes to what they know I need. Small, high-quality, unique, multi-purpose products that are useful for a long or short trip around the world. I need products that won’t clog my pores and won’t leave me begging for a facial upon arrival.
The latest find is skyn ICELAND Solutions for Stressed Skin. With skin savers compact enough to throw into any carry-on bag, packing is worry-free, and skin stays rejuvenated upon arrival. Born from a life-changing mission to treat and alleviate the effects of stress on skin while promoting a full of balance, Skyn products are free of parabens, petroleum, mineral oil, and sulfates. They don’t test on animals and they’re 100% vegan.
- Glacial Cleansing Cloths ($15)
- With no water needed, these cleansing cloths are ideal for those on-the-go moments when you need to wash away any unwanted makeup, sweat, dirt and other impurities your skin accumulates when traveling while simultaneously refreshing skin. Perfect for the flight.
- Arctic Face Oil ($35)
- Arctic Face Oil is your winter solution. Delivering powerful hydration, it helps repair and balance the skin’s lipid barrier while locking in moisture. Over time, it also smoothes fine lines and wrinkles to reveal a softer, more youthful complexion.
- Hydro Cooling Firming Eye Gels ($30)
- In just ten minutes, this cooling transdermal gel patch infuses the eye area with highly potent actives and Icelandic glacial water to firm, tone, brighten and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. These are especially great during long flights when your skin can get stressed and tired.
- Arctic Face Mist ($29)
- This soothing mist instantly helps calm and stabilize irritable skin with a cooling burst of natural Icelandic mineral water. An excellent pick-me-up after a long day of traveling.
Always on the hunt for the latest and greatest travel apps, we came across Triposo, built by a few ex-Googler’s. Triposo’s latest release delivers unique opportunities to see, hear, and taste the local culture near you. In essence, Triposo Events opens up the city to you suggesting things like art show openings, DJ dance parties, and theater productions. Triposo Hotels helps you find and book a last-minute place to stay without ever leaving the app and Triposo Food tells you about the local cuisine and where you can get it.
For the first time, people can upload photos and comments about their travels right into the app. For example, you may want to share a picture of the best pasta you ever ate in Sardinia or suggest other travelers to skip the lines for the headlining exhibit at the MoMA in NYC and, instead, see some other exhibit. They’ve also updated maps and added more depth to the phrasebook so have a look and let ’em know what you think!