This company is one of my favorites for their spicy and fresh scents. Perfect to get you in that escapist travel mind mood or for travel itself, due to their convenient sizes. Now available on Amazon.com, the sampler set from GuruNanda’s Top 6 Essential Oil blends are a good start (and their perfume oils are delicious too). This deluxe, giftable little set allows you to discover the different therapeutic benefits of each blend and find your favorites among them. Each of the six blends are made from 100% pure and natural therapeutic grade oils sourced from the world’s top growers, across 6 continents. The set contains 10ml. bottles with the delicate botanical essences inside. So have it, open a window to listen to the wind in the trees, and get that atomizer going.
Thanks to friends in the beauty business, I’m grateful that I often hear the freshest skinny on the latest and greatest beauty finds, particularly when it comes to what they know I need. Small, high-quality, unique, multi-purpose products that are useful for a long or short trip around the world. I need products that won’t clog my pores and won’t leave me begging for a facial upon arrival.
The latest find is skyn ICELAND Solutions for Stressed Skin. With skin savers compact enough to throw into any carry-on bag, packing is worry-free, and skin stays rejuvenated upon arrival. Born from a life-changing mission to treat and alleviate the effects of stress on skin while promoting a full of balance, Skyn products are free of parabens, petroleum, mineral oil, and sulfates. They don’t test on animals and they’re 100% vegan.
- Glacial Cleansing Cloths ($15)
- With no water needed, these cleansing cloths are ideal for those on-the-go moments when you need to wash away any unwanted makeup, sweat, dirt and other impurities your skin accumulates when traveling while simultaneously refreshing skin. Perfect for the flight.
- Arctic Face Oil ($35)
- Arctic Face Oil is your winter solution. Delivering powerful hydration, it helps repair and balance the skin’s lipid barrier while locking in moisture. Over time, it also smoothes fine lines and wrinkles to reveal a softer, more youthful complexion.
- Hydro Cooling Firming Eye Gels ($30)
- In just ten minutes, this cooling transdermal gel patch infuses the eye area with highly potent actives and Icelandic glacial water to firm, tone, brighten and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. These are especially great during long flights when your skin can get stressed and tired.
- Arctic Face Mist ($29)
- This soothing mist instantly helps calm and stabilize irritable skin with a cooling burst of natural Icelandic mineral water. An excellent pick-me-up after a long day of traveling.
My latest fashion find from Carla Sta Cruz. Perfect for traveling in style.
Originally from Manila, Phillipines, Carla graduated from Parsons and is now a New Yorker but visits Manila every 3 months where she produces her collections.
Inspirations: Savage Beauty at the MET inspired a more cerebral approach to fashion design as art. Inspired by designer brands like Givenchy, Tom Ford, and Alexander McQueen, Carla brings edge to classic good looks.
Price: The Julia tote is $450
When we first heard of STEAMCREAM we thought is sounded so bizarre. What is this stuff? And why is it called Steamcream? We loved the containers, but we were baffled. Then we discovered that it’s called Steamcream because it harnesses the power of a revolutionary steam-infusion manufacturing process to provide a long-lasting, intensive and effective form of skincare, first and foremost for the face. However, because the steam technique produces a gentle, loosely-bound emulsion that allows each ingredient to breakdown, it can penetrate the skin where needed and where other creams find hard to reach. I love the stuff because, instead of packing face cream, leg cream, and hand cream, I can just pack Steamcream into my bag and it covers every nook and cranny. Plus, it smells delish. Travel-friendly at just 2.6oz, it’s approved for carry-on luggage, but lightweight enough for beach bags, book bags and purses.
This just might be one of the coolest umbrellas we’ve ever seen. For the swashbuckler, the rascal, the hero, and the heroine.
Now, I don’t know about you, but for $31.00, this is a steal. I’m also newly obsessed with the website X-Treme Geek for all things geeky, kitschy, and cool. Need a Soothing Chimes Alarm Clock (who doesn’t?) or a Darth Vader Lamp Alarm Clock, this is the place. There’s a section for just about everyone: Travel, Pets, Big Boy Toys, Geek Chicks, and even a section for Ghost Hunting.