You’d be hard pressed to find someone who doesn’t love Savannah and it just so happens that it’s also an amazing city to reconnect with girlfriends. We came across this sweet southern website where groups of friends can enjoy staying in an historic mansions called the Luxury Living Collection.
Here, you and your gaggle can relax and soak up some history. These luxurious homes provide the right atmosphere for a true girls slumber party – Savannah style. Please let me know if I can send some images – your readers will surely be interested in this unique destination and these lovely historic homes.
Home to one of the largest historic districts in the U.S., Savannah personifies elegance and evokes images the Old South—the vast expanse of its porches and plantations, meandering streets lined with oak trees and Spanish moss, and impeccable hospitality complementary to all types of girlfriend getaways. Experience the uniqueness of this fabled American city through the following activities:
• See classic literary and cinematic backdrops made famous by the likes of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, Forrest Gump and Something to Talk About;
• Tour the historic streets of Savannah by trolley, bike, scooter, or on foot for a pub crawl and cosmos;
• Sample savory Southern fare at popular restaurants that include Lady and Son’s Restaurant and Uncle Bubbas Oyster bar from Savannah sweetheart, Paula Deen;
• Shop till you drop on River Street, a cobblestone road that runs along the Savannah River, known for its fine retail and restaurants. Gal pals will love the locally owned boutiques unique to the city, many of which have been opened by graduates of the famed Savannah College of Art and Design—talented aesthetes who stock their stores with signature trinkets, including one-of-a-kind baubles, bridal attire, footwear, art, and home furnishings;
• Scavenge for estate treasures at a plethora of antique galleries;
• Gaze admiringly at Southern gothic architecture and edifice;
• Visit 45 cultural attractions and historic sites;
• Sit front-row for a lively performance of a musical or play; or
• Attend one of the city’s 200 yearly festivals, which pay homage to the best in culture, including music, film, books, home design, architecture, and landscapes.
Luxury Living Savannah, a splendid showcase of five historic mansions that offer a collection of rental options designed to accommodate parties of all sizes, offers ideal proximity to the best of its namesake city. Each of the aging Grand Ladies has been lovingly restored to its original splendor, the result of multi-million dollar renovations completed in accordance with historic guidelines. The homes incorporate bold, rich colors with modern amenities that the discerning traveler expects (gourmet kitchens with stainless steel appliances, luxe bathrooms with whirlpool tubs, flat-screen TVs,) and yet retain original details that make these luxe getaway options unique. The mansions display an extraordinary attention to detail, with antiques that tell their own story tucked into every corner.
Further separating Luxury Living Savannah properties from their character-less counterparts is a menu of customized in-house services that cater to an unforgettable girls get-together. Among the services that a hostess and her guests can use to strengthen the bonds of sisterhood are comfortable airport transfers, on-site spa services, and private chefs who are available to teach cooking classes and create gourmet meals tailored to the dietary specifications of the group.
Guests can choose among several accommodation options like:
The Wedding Cake Mansion: The Wedding Cake mansion earned its name for its elaborate white bay window with ornate stained glass and white ornamental ironwork. This award-winning mansion, which has undergone a three-million dollar renovation and has earned historical certification, is located on Savannah’s Monterey Square, made famous by the movie Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. This 1869 2nd Empire Baroque home features a main house with four- to five-bedrooms, five-and-a-half ornate, lavish bathrooms, a formal living and dining room a gourmet kitchen and lovely courtyard with fountain. There is also a two-bedroom, two-bath garden suite and a one-bedroom, one-bath carriage house. This gives you the option of eight bedrooms and eight-and-a-half baths to accommodate up to 21 guests.
The Forsyth Park Mansion: Located a block from one of the country’s most beautiful parks, the Forsyth Park Mansion has undergone a painstaking renovation, which restored the home to its original grandeur, created one of Savannah’s finest and largest private gardens, and earned the mansion its historic certification. This four-bedroom home also has five spectacular bathrooms, a formal living and dining room, a gourmet kitchen, rambling side porches, and garden with a soothing fountain. There is also a two-bedroom, two-bath garden suite and a two-bedroom, one-bath carriage house. This gives you the option of eight bedrooms and eight baths to accommodate up to 20 guests.
Guests who book a four-night stay at Luxury Living Savannah will receive the fifth night complimentary between Nov. 1 and Feb. 28. (Blackout dates include Thanksgiving and Dec. 20 through Jan. 3.)